I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 22, 2013

Broken Feathers

From the Margarete Peterson Tarot, the Five of Feathers (Swords):
A monster executes someone with a sword, while others attempt to flee; below a feather has been broken.  In some native cultures of North America, the eagle feather was a sacred gift given to honor someone.  Here in this image, it symbolizes that trust has been broken.  The sword represents the use of words to tear apart, manipulate, or harm others.  Though the bloody wounds may not be external, they are real nonetheless.  I've heard others state after initiating such an attack, "Oh, they'll get over it."  Have you ever tried to mend a broken feather?  It is an impossible task, as it will always remain damaged.

This morning the Elemental Dice produced "Water with Air" which represents "Cloud:"
A cloud is a visible mass of liquid droplets suspended in the atmosphere, a perfect balance of air and water.  Air is often used to symbolize the intellect and water to indicate emotions.  The cloud would suggest an equal blend of these two, representing composure and equanimity.  If I find myself being attacked verbally, I can remain calm and in control of myself even though my heart is engaged by keeping my head engaged as well.  I can stay "suspended" and out of harm's way instead of becoming sucked into a war of words.


No comments:

Post a Comment