I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 4, 2013

New Quest, New Doorway

From the Wild Unknown Tarot, Judgment:
This image reminds me of the blackbirds - cowbirds, grackles, starlings and red-wings - that rise from the marshes each dawn to go feed during the day.  It is an amazing sight to see what appears to be a mile-long black ribbon weaving its way across the morning sky.  Judgment is a release of blame and anger (whether directed at myself or another) and finding the freedom and renewal that comes through a new perception of truth.  The dove overhead represents the peace I'll find in this pursuit, a quest that will allow me to feed my spirit instead of starving it.

The roll of the geomancy sticks brought "Cauda Draconis:"
Cauda Draconis means "tail of the dragon," and represents a doorway leading out.  It is connected to the South Node, the descending point in the sky where the moon's path crosses the sun's path.  Astrologers suggest this node represents overdeveloped traits that a person falls back on; these traits may undermine one's life if he or she holds on to that trait for security rather than growing in other directions.  Recently here we had days of heavy rain that resulted in flooding.  Many animals, such as turtles and beavers, were washed through storm drains and away from their natural habitat.  Their instincts were to take the straightest route back, which unfortunately led to their deaths when they crossed highways and roads.  This geomancy figure reminds me that the "gate" I'm looking for may not be in place I would assume it to be.  My quest may require a new doorway.


No comments:

Post a Comment