I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Enemies and Allies

From the Medieval Tarot, the Queen of Wands:
This queen follows the "Speak softly and carry a big stick" motto.  But there are two ways to use that stick - as a threat or as a symbol of respect.  If I ask someone to do something, but my unspoken words are, "and if you don't you'll regret it," I might get them to cooperate.  But their agreement will come with the price tag of resentment, and whatever they do will probably be a half-assed effort.  But if my stick is one that has been carved over time, shaped by helping others and showing them compassion, then their response to my request will be much different.  Both ways will work, but in using the first I create an enemy and in using the second I create an ally.

From the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards comes the "Ant:"
As I was sitting on the ground planting seeds the other day, I noticed a long line of ants.  They weren't in a hurry, but they marched along with purpose.  While I'm not fond of these insects, I do have to admire them for their "let's get down to business" approach.  When I think of all the time I have wasted complaining about not wanting to do something and dragging my feet even getting started, I probably could have finished the task I was complaining about ten times over.  The ant encourages me to get moving, and the queen tells me to nicely ask for help when I need it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment