I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Honey in the Heart and on the Table

From the Rosetta Tarot, the Queen of Disks:
This queen sits on a giant aloe plant in a desert; a stream runs from her leading to a small oasis.  The disk she holds resembles a honeycomb, and reminds me of a blessing common among the Tzutujil Indians of Guatemala that a friend of mine likes to use: "Be blessed with long life, honey in the heart, no evil, and thirteen thank-yous."  Like the aloe, this queen soothes what is painful, and like the honey comb, she offers something sweet to replace the bitter.  She's not one to "tweet" or text a quick message, she's going to offer tangible support where possible.  As she well knows, mere words are often tossed around with no real substance; the Queen of Disks believes in literally bringing something to the table.

From the Ascension to Paradise deck this morning comes the "Frogmouth:"
Frogmouths get their names from their wide beaks and are almost entirely insectivorous.  They hunt at night, but unlike an owl who hunts on the wing, they typically wait for food to come to them.  I included a photo of a tawny frogmouth to show their excellent camouflage; when they stand still, they look just like a part of a trunk or a tree branch.  Frogmouth encourages me to conceal myself when I give to others.  I don't need to make a big show of things or expect kudos for my efforts.  I need to remember that the motive should be to help another person rather than give my ego a pat on the back. 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creature. Did you ever hear Bea Arthur tell the Wide Mouthed Frog joke? It is the only joke I ever thought was funny enough to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of them before now. No, I didn't hear the joke - please share!

    ReplyDelete