I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Day is Short, the Road is Long

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, the Five of Wands:
As I said in yesterday's post, the green color represents progress, but obviously these two don't see eye-to-eye on how to get things accomplished.  The five wands in the top right corner are placed in the shape of a pentacle, representing humans.  Where there are humans, there are differences of opinion.  But sometimes this doesn't refer to me in conflict with another person, but with myself.  I've already got a long list of things to do today, and the sun has just peeked over the horizon.  The war within is what will make it to the top of my priority list.

From the Pages of Shustah deck comes the "Journey:"
What a lovely coincidence to draw two green cards on Earth Day!  The Journey card represents exactly what it has been named.  As I look at this image, I see the path is long and winding rather than a straight shot.  It appears I might as well enjoy the scenery as I progress along the way instead of constantly worrying about ticking things off my list.  Perhaps the time constraints I alluded to above aren't really relevant at all.

4 comments:

  1. Now my mind will play and replay the lyrics The Road Is Long, over and over today.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the song I was thinking of when I titled my post. :)

      Delete
  2. you working with sheridan douglas is a treat to read :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonkers; I never dreamed such a simply illustrated deck would be so enjoyable to use.

      Delete