I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Aerial View

From the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, Justice:
Ma'at literally means "truth" - she came to be the personification of order, justice and balance in Egypt. The ancient Egyptians believed the universe was a rational place with predictable cycles. Ma'at was responsible for maintaining that harmony and punishing or rectifying any cause of chaos. She indicates that there is imbalance in my world, either internal or external, and I must look to see what part I have played in it. Have I been dishonest, manipulative or unfair? I have a long-time friend that I feel is pulling away from our relationship; I think it is because our spiritual paths are diverging. I have tried to explain to her that our friendship does not have to be based on us sharing the same path. I feel as if I am being punished, though that might not be her intent at all. Perhaps I have hurt her feelings or earned her distrust somehow. It's hard to know how to rectify something when the person involved won't communicate with you.

From the Raven Cards comes "Council:"
Call your friends together, hold council.
Then take flight, sweep through the air and decide.
The ravens remind me that when I don't have an objective view of a situation, it is prudent to find people I trust to give me their take on things. Seeing from several different perspectives will allow me a wider view, and help me make wiser decisions.

2 comments: