I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dharma Dance

From the Tarot of Durer, Justice:
 
There's a (right) way to do things.
Maybe it was noticing the sword of Justice was replaced with an apple (symbolic of what is healthy and beneficial), but the term dharma came to mind.  Until studying Hindu philosophy, I thought dharma (often translated as "duty") was some sort of fun-draining dogma.  Actually it is a natural law that keeps everything in perfect balance.  Everyone plays their part to help with this, and at different times in our life, our responsibilities change to maintain this equilibrium.  Though it gives life order, it has nothing to do with religion, but involves serving oneself and others.  It enhances life for the greater good, moving with the natural flow of the universe.  But the chains on the arms of Justice remind me she can't move beyond what is natural - imbalance will be righted, one way or another.  Today I must become an objective observer.  Am I trying to channel this flow to selfishly meet my own desires while ignoring other duties? 

From the Philosopher's Stone deck this morning comes "Power:"
 
The head of a mallet that was going to be used to crush a block of stone has itself been sliced into pieces.  I get so caught up in wanting to "change the world," yet feel powerless to do so.  Like the mallet, I find myself up against corporations, organizations, and public opinions that crack my resolve with no effort.  But like the huge slice that has plowed through both the stone and the mallet, there are natural laws - a greater power - that will bring things back into balance all on its own.  Like the dog serenely sleeping under the feet of Justice, I should relax in the knowledge that all will be well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how timely... Your entries always have an additional synchronistic importance to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to hear when readings for myself resonate with another!

      Delete