I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Get Cracking

From the Daughters of the Moon, the Ace of Wands:
There's so much fiery passion and enthusiastic energy in this card, it makes me want to place a dozen exclamation points after every description of it.  Yet the eagerness and inspiration is held frozen in this image, waiting for me to do something with it.  Will I leap into the fire or let it die down until there is nothing but cold ashes left?  It will take a commitment on my part to follow it through to completion, which always make me pause and ask myself if I am truly willing.  Yesterday I was fired up because I got a call from someone claiming to be a technician from Microsoft.  He stated they had discovered viruses and malware on my computer that would disable it, and they wanted to help fix it.  This is the second call they've made to me, and unlike most scammers who get off the phone quickly when you start questioning their authenticity, these guys grew more adamant.  I decided to email my local newspaper so they could alert the community, and almost immediately, I got a call back from one of the staff writers.  He's going to also inform the police, so tomorrow I'm sure I'll be hearing from them as well.  It's my desire to protect the elderly and other vulnerable folks that made me willing to get involved publicly; passion can do strange things to seemingly introverted people.
For more information from Microsoft on these types of calls, see:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

From the Raven Cards comes "Sustained:"
You are provided for, you will be sustained.
When any of the Aces come up from one of the suits in tarot it's exciting, but I always wonder if I'll have what it takes to follow through with the effort needed to get to the end result.  This raven reminds me that I have both an inner well to draw from and outer support to get the job done.  I don't need to worry so much that I give up before I even get started.  Time to get cracking...

2 comments:

  1. How do you suppose they zeroed in on you and your new laptop? Did the number show when they called?

    People. Can't live with them can't shoot them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they were targeting me specifically; I talked to an elderly neighbor this morning who said he's been getting calls from people wanting to sell him an antivirus program to clean up his computer (probably the same group - he said they sounded "foreign"). My guess is that they are shooting with a shotgun blindly, hoping to hit a willing mark.
      I asked for a number and where he was located. The number he gave didn't match my caller ID and the area code was definitely not Texas, which is where he said he was. You're right, I can't shoot them, but I'd be pleased as punch if they caught them and put them in jail.

      Delete