I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Riding on the Center Line

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Chariot:
The purple and yellow wheels of this chariot are vibrating with energy, suggesting movement.  The victory medal the charioteer holds overhead proclaims that her progression has been a successful one.  In this depiction, the horses are missing, and I realize this vehicle is on water not on land.  What we have here is more of a motorboat - staying atop the water and riding out the rough waves without sinking are the goal.  Will and intellect can bridle the emotions and instincts, allowing me to stay afloat and not be swamped by anger, fear, or emotional drama.  The Chariot reminds me to pause before reacting and think things through; it is what will keep me moving forward rather than becoming sidetracked.

From the animal tiles oracle today comes the "Deer:"
Had this been a doe, I might have considered this deer to represent gentleness; instead it reminds me of an incident over a decade ago.  A college buddy was driving back from his sister's wedding rehearsal when another car struck a huge buck, sending it crashing through the windshield of my friend's car, killing him instantly.  Back then, the whitetail deer population had exploded, and deer had become driving hazards even in the city.  Now with Georgia's liberal hunting limit of 12 per year, along with the increasing population of coyotes, the whitetail numbers have been drastically reduced.  Conservationists are rethinking the hunting limit so the population can even out.  The deer reminds me that while I want to be detached and think with my head rather than my emotions, I don't want to become a robot without feelings.  If the pendulum swings too far either way, I must attempt to bring it back towards the center.

2 comments:

  1. That happened to my salon partner. She was ok but her car was a disaster. I said I thought the insurance company would total it and send her a small check (it was 12 years old). Her eyebrows went straight up and she said "But it's a Toyota!"
    She was right, they fixed it. The look on her face was priceless. Probably the one on mine was too, when they fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I can't believe the insurance company chose to fix it rather than total it. I wonder if they would do the same today.

      Delete