I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What's in Front of Me

From the Albano Waite Tarot, the Three of Pentacles:
Here are three people working together to get something done: the craftsman, the man who would like the project done, and the financial backer.  The only way the endeavor will ever make any progress is for all those involved to be in constant communication.  The monk must know in detail what he wants, the backer must know what the costs will be, and the craftsman must have a plan for when and how to create what his client wants.  If one of them fails to keep the others abreast of what is going on, chaos is likely.  I have not heard from the tree removal fellow since he told me he had me on his schedule for Monday (two days ago).  I know life generally has unforeseen bumps in the road, and plans made must be rearranged, but a bit of communication would make me feel better.

From the Rumi Cards comes the verse "Life and Ecstasy:"
Put your trust in him who gives Life and Ecstasy.
Don't mourn what doesn't exist; cling to what does.
I am reminded by this card to keep my thoughts focused on what's in front of me, rather than the past or the future.  All those "what ifs" will do nothing but make me crazy.  Life will not come to a halt if the tree guy doesn't show up this week - he'll come when he has an opening in his schedule.  Besides, I have plenty of other issues that need my attention, like finding and buying a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment