I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Aircraft Directors

This week I'll be using the Norse Tarot, a book and deck set created by Clive Barrett and published by Aquarian Press.  This morning's draw is the Princess (Knight) of Swords:
The arm positions of this princess made me think of an aircraft director on a carrier. Landing a plane or helicopter on solid ground takes skill, but landing one on a ship in the middle of an ocean requires an extra bit of help. I spent most of yesterday talking to old friends; one I met at a coffee shop in the morning, the others I gathered with for a summer solstice ceremony. Sharing the thoughts floating around in my head with another person, especially when what I'm thinking about creates fear, helps me stay in reality. Though they may be powerless to actually change my situation, just listening can direct me to solid ground.  

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Wolf Pack, created and published by Robert Petro.  Today's card is "Fulfillment:"
The expression of contentment on this wolf's face reminds me that is I'm waiting for everything to be "perfect" in my life before I feel satisfied and fulfilled, I'm going to be terribly disappointed. No matter how many fires I put out, there will always be more that pop up. The people or situations I wish were different will never change simply because I desire it. If I want to find the serenity of fulfillment, I need to take Byron Katie's advice and "love what is."

1 comment: