I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In the Wind

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the Three of Staves (Wands):

With its sails fully billowed, a ship travels far out in the ocean. The phrase "it's in the wind" crossed my mind when I saw this card. It made me think of blowing dandelion balls and watching the tiny seeds float off in all directions. There's no way to completely control which seed goes where, just as there's no way to have a firm lock on all the variables of a new endeavor. Sometimes the water will be smooth and other times rough; my job is to keep the ship pointed in the right direction and not get blown too far off course by any distractions.

The roll of the dice turned up the Sabian Symbol "Leo 11:"
Children on a swing in the safety of a huge oak tree.
When a person has lived in a threatening situation for a period of time, he or she develops a hyper-alertness. They sleep with one eye and one ear open; they constantly watch people's body language and listen to their words and tone of voice. But when they get away from that environment, it's hard not to carry along those old habits. This symbol reminds me to relax and have some fun with what I'm doing. While I do need to be aware of what's going on, the Universe is not out to get me - there's no need for paranoia.  The adrenaline rush of a new experience should come from excitement, not anxiety.  

1 comment: