I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Scars and Sharp Teeth

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Nine of Wands:
Sometimes it's the scars that remind you that you survived. ~ Ashley Wallis
Here is the seasoned warrior - the staffs behind him are mementos of battles fought and won. The sling on his arm and bandage on his head show that he's had to pay a price for his successes, but the wisdom he's learned through his experiences has been worth it. He knows there are a few more challenges on the horizon, so he won't let down his guard just yet. This soldier encourages me to draw on my past, remembering what worked well and what didn't, as I deal with the challenges and responsibilities of the day.

From the Beasts of Albion deck comes the "Weasel:"
I know some may associate Weasel with being sneaky and underhanded, but I agree with Gray that it should be remembered for its boldness and agility in attacking prey much larger than its own size. She gives it the title "Holder of the Strength of Mind." With the card above, I am reminded people may try to use manipulation and intimidation to get what they want. Weasel assures me I have what it takes not to be taken advantage of - all I need to do is flash my scars and show them my sharp teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment