I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Staying Afloat

From the Ancient Tarots of Lombardy, the Six of Coins:
Probably because of all the recent storms and flash floods, this card made me think of a flat-bottomed boat. The "people" in the boat are nicely balanced now, but what would happen if two folks decided they liked the view better on the other side and moved? The imbalance would likely tip the boat over, and everyone would end up wet. The coins represent my resources - time, physical energy, and finances. It is a bit overwhelming to think I need to share my resources with the whole world; in fact, that kind of thinking only makes me want to hold tighter to them. But what if I shared with the people in my "boat" - those folks I come in contact with day to day? And if they in turn did the same, it seems eventually we would all be afloat instead of treading water.

From the Lenormand de Marseille comes "Bouquet:"
I've gotten flowers delivered to me when I've had something to celebrate (like a birthday), and also when I was feeling out of sorts or grieving a loss. They warm my heart, letting me know someone is thinking of me. But bouquets are made of cut flowers; they will eventually wilt and fade, no matter how much water I keep in the vase. This card reminds me that all things are transitory, including the pleasurable ones. The queen associated with the Bouquet warns me that to blindly ignore such a fact is faulty thinking.  Life is like nature; it ebbs and flows, and we will experience both fullness and emptiness.  With the tarot card above, I am encouraged by this morning's reading to remember that freely giving and receiving can help balance out those transitions of gains and losses.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment