I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Be Hurt or Be Happy

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Ten of Swords:
This poor fellow looks like the specimen of a crazed, over-zealous butterfly collector. In their companion booklet, the Carr-Gomms list the keywords for this card as nadir, betrayal, and unmerited hatred. I would like everyone to think I'm a nice person, but somewhere along the way I know I'm going to offend someone, even if it is unintentionally. So then they will probably say nasty things about me, which from their perception will be the truth. I'll have a choice to make when this happens - lay there and play the part of the victim, or get up, go out and enjoy life. Lao Tzu was said to have stated, "Care about what other people think, and you will always be their prisoner." Ouch - I think I get the point.

From the Druid Plant Oracle comes "Primrose:"
The primrose I am most familiar with here in the South is Ludwigia decurrens. It is currently in bloom at a lake where I often go for walks. As many of the flowers are at the end of their season, these yellow flowers that brighten up the edge of the lake are welcome. Unfortunately, what looks beautiful on the outside is not always beautiful on the inside, as it tends to be invasive. This water-loving plant warns me not to let emotions run roughshod over logical thought. As with Ceridwen's brew in her cauldron (seen in this card), the unexpected is likely to happen, and when it does I'll need to keep my cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment