I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Unwrapped Gifts

From the Tarot in de Herstelde Orde (Restored Order Tarot), Juno:
This particular deck has two extra cards: Jupiter (as Truth) and Juno (as Intuition). I've never drawn either one in all the times I've used the deck until today. At first I wondered what was so different between the High Priestess and this card. But it immediately became obvious that Juno was about taking action. How many times have you had an intuitive flash or spiritual nudge and ignored it? It's easy to discount what wells up from within as just another crazy thought, but Juno advises me to do something with the wisdom I receive. Otherwise, it's like a gift I leave all wrapped up and never open.

From the Oracle of the Kabbalah comes "Aleph:"
artwork by Michoel Muchnik
Aleph is a bit of a paradox; it represents both unity and separateness, nothingness and form. Seidman suggests looking at this letter as a Hebrew form of the yin-yang. Rather than opposites, these two sides are complementary aspects. Jewish sages teach the shape of Aleph represents the yoke of an ox. The center line symbolizes the plowed field when these opposites are carried on our shoulders without clinging to one side or the other. I need to be able to move back and forth on the continuum to birth something new, just as Juno blends intuition and action. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Sometimes I'll open the gift, surprised and happy, and then forget all about it. So thanks for the reminder to take action and do something with our gifts :D

    ReplyDelete