I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Full Gas Tank

From the Spiral Tarot, the Queen of Wands:
This queen holds an alchemical vessel; the heat she adds comes from within herself. She won't tell you to follow your head or your heart, she'll tell you to follow your passion. Her advice is to love what you do and do what you love. If a career doesn't meet these requirements, then find some sort of hobby or outside interest that does. Inside the vessel is an ouroboros, indicating a constant recreation of something - in this instance one's self. The Queen of Wands encourages me to continue to recreate avenues to do what energizes me regardless of whether I get a paycheck from them or not. It is my spirit that is at stake, not my bank account.

From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Fortitude:"
When I think of tenacity or perseverance, I think of continuing to put one foot in front of the other, gradually making external progress towards my objective. But when I consider the term fortitude, it seems more a force within, a resolve that helps me continue to move forward. Both the queen above and this card remind me that what feeds my spirit can help me keep doing what is required of me. What I find joy in doing will keep my gas tank full as make necessary stops to take care of other obligations along the way.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes when you are tired and drained of energy the best thing to do is just get up end do the things that make you happy. I feel always energized when my paper is filled with paint no matter how it looks in the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image of filling your tank with passion, so you can run life's errands :)

    ReplyDelete