I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 21, 2013

Deep Sea Diving

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the Knight of Cups:
This knight dives deep to find treasures down below. He's not afraid of the depths of the ocean, and neither is he afraid of the depths of emotion. I've always felt everyone needs an anam chara, or "soul friend." John O'Donohue suggests that all true friendship or love is "an act of recognition." When I cease to be afraid to open up to another, and he or she does the same with me, we can see our commonalities. We see the broken and painful places in each other, as well as the places suffused with joy.  The Knight of Cups encourages me not to be afraid to be vulnerable, because there are plenty of treasures to be uncovered if I do.

From the Mirrors of the Heart comes the card "Trust:"
Ah... here is where the door to my heart gets stuck. I have grown up believing (and experiencing) that emotions could be used against a person; only anger could be beneficial and powerful. But that is a very lonely way to live. Trust is like this image - you have to accept a bit of vagueness instead of certainty. I don't get a legal document signed and notarized as proof. I have learned as I've gotten older to test people with small amounts of personal information. If they handle it respectfully, I feel I can trust them with more. It's an ongoing but slow process for me.

5 comments:

  1. This knight it more active and brave than other knights of cups who just gaze in admiration at their cup.
    Trust, such a tiny word for such a huge issue. I know it is difficult to be vulnerable. I've been let down to many times. But lately I try to open up more, because I want to dig/dive deep for hidden treasures :)
    Again beautiful synced cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some tarot and oracle pairings that work so well together - "hand in glove." Part of the fun in putting them together is seeing which ones complement each other. :)

      Delete
    2. Do you always work with the same pairs?

      Delete
    3. If I find a pair that work well together I do, but sometimes I give away a deck or add a deck, and that always means I'm going to have to change some around.

      Delete
    4. I think I am going to try to combine some decks. Just to see if it works for me :)

      Delete