I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Don't Miss Out on the Fun

From the Swietlistej Drogi, the Three of Cups:
Happiness quite unshared can scarcely be called happiness; it has no taste. 
― Charlotte Brontë
At an art gallery, people gather to celebrate and share in the success a friend. When you reach a goal, meet a challenge or have luck drop into your lap, what do you do? I instantly want the people I care about to share in my happiness. It wouldn't be nearly as exciting or fun if I was the only person who knew about it - like hitting a hole-in-one at the golf course with no witness. But the road runs both ways; I need to be able to be joyful for others without jealousy interfering when they have good news too.

From the Mirrors of the Heart comes "Quiet:"
I get the distinct impression from this card that it has nothing to do with not speaking, and everything to do with quieting my mind. Have you ever been in a conversation with someone only to have your brain take an off-ramp to a list of things you need to do? Or perhaps you hear something and suddenly it gives your muse a creative idea to roll around or your strategist a new game plan to think about. I am encouraged by this card to soak in the joy of the moment and allow my logical, analytical side to take a break. Otherwise, I might miss out on all the fun.

3 comments:

  1. Probable most people have those runaway thoughts
    I have to admit that sometimes I'm more busy with my opinions and responses then with real listening to the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredibly hard to have the heart engaged and the mind in neutral! :)

      Delete