I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Grab It and Go

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Two of Wands:
In the grocery store this past Monday, I wandered over to the produce to pick out some apples. Unfortunately a woman who was trying to pick out a head of lettuce was blocking the aisle as she looked over each one. My impatience wanted to yell, "Just take one - they all look the same!" But honestly, I tend to be the same way. I can be so picky about making choices that I spend way too much time analyzing every facet of each option. The owl in this card would never sit in a tree wondering if the mouse he saw down below would have the perfect flavor. He would just swoop down and grab it with his talons, knowing it might skitter away if he didn't act quickly. The Two of Wands encourages me not to sit on the fence too long, or the opportunity I'm considering might just vanish into the night.

From the Faeries' Oracle comes "Lys of the Shadow:"
Lys is a fairy who shines a light in those dark places that people don't see - those wounds and tender places they'd rather not deal with. But before any healing can begin, there needs to be an awareness of the trauma first. Lys encourages me to look at why I hesitate instead of being excited about a new opportunity. Is it a fear of not being accepted? A fear that I won't have what it takes to succeed? Perhaps my self-esteem is in need of some first aid...


4 comments:

  1. Ah to be as clear minded as the owl. Thanks for the first laugh of the day, imaging that owl saying too thin too fat too grey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel when it comes to making choices. I would love to be as confident as that owl
    Again beautiful cards. I am falling gradually in love with both decks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be easy to say, "I'll just flip a coin to decide." But then I'd probably start thinking, "Maybe I didn't flip it right..." lol.

      Delete