I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 11, 2013

Slow the Hustle in the Bustle

From the Spiral Tarot, the Three of Wands:
The choice to move away from the status quo and take a risk on something new has reaped rewards, represented by the growth of greenery beneath the woman's feet that winds up the staffs. Her desire to expand her boundaries (much like she's done to her dress with a bustle) has been successful, and the boats in the water suggest a partnership with others that is fruitful. The saying "my ship has come in" refers to mothers and wives who had to run a tab for necessities while their men were out to sea. When they came home with their pay, the women could pay off their debt and hopefully have a little extra. Though these ships suggest goals being reached, they also suggest there are still things to be settled and done before a firm foundation is reached.

From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Joy:"
Sometimes when I am successful in acquiring something or accomplishing an objective, I rush to the next goal. Instead of taking time to enjoy the pleasure of achievement, my brain starts plotting and planning for the next one. This card reminds me that the feeling of fulfillment comes when I take time to celebrate, not when I'm in a rush. I don't want to get to the end of my life and find all I've really accomplished is in becoming a talented sprinter.


2 comments:

  1. That is very wise advice. often I don't even wait for the accomplishment of a project. While I'm busy with one thing part of my mind already rushes to next possible project.
    So now I am off to celebrate everything I've accomplished the last couple of days
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete