I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Strange Birds

From the Swietlistej Drogi Tarot, the High Priestess:
My first impression of this card was that it looked like a combination of the Magician and Hermit, but not much like a High Priestess. However the wolf made me rethink things a bit. Wolves don't actually howl at the moon, rather they use such vocalizations for communication. And that is exactly what the High Priestess represents - guidance (communication) from an inner resource. Just as the wolf's howl starts deep within, so too is where the information she wishes to share is found. But the light shining from her hands reminds me the wisdom is not just for meditation; I need to use it out in the world. There may be others who might benefit if I were willing to share it.

From the Mirrors of the Heart comes the card "Uniqueness:"
The phrase "what a strange bird" aptly describes this card. It is definitely a one-of-a-kind animal. Yet it's hard to think of myself in the same way - as unique. As much as I would like to, I don't think I'll be the one who ends world hunger or creates peace in the Middle East. But what if we all held a special piece of the puzzle, a necessary piece that could help make such wonderful things happen? Perhaps we're each more unique and important than we realize, even if it is in small ways.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like this high priestess is functioning like a sort of conduit.It is good to give and share you wisdom as long as your energies are being refilled.
    Perhaps it is our life purpose to explore our uniqueness and be happy content and comfortable with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look like a conduit. It would be nice if we could see that being a "cookie cutter shape" doesn't help make the world a better place.

      Delete
    2. The odd ones, the different ones, the hand-shaped cookies: those are the most delicious ones.

      Delete