I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 31, 2014

Quality Control

From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the Queen of Swords:
This helmeted queen is linked to Minerva, goddess of wisdom and war. She stands above the clouds, suggesting she is able to think clearly, objectively and logically. Place states her red wing indicates maturity and ripeness while her green wing represents what is immature and undeveloped. Notice the green sword is thrust downward, as if stating, "Your thoughts are fanciful and need to be grounded in the practical, real world."

From the Oracle of the Radiant World comes "Submission - Venus in Pisces:"
The love of Venus combines with the sacrifice of Pisces to bring about the not-so-healthy characteristic of submission. What false beliefs and manipulative lies holds that bird in a cage that has the door wide open? The cards selected today seem to say that not only am I gathering unripe fruit, but I've got some rotten ones too. Guess I need the queen's sword to cut through the BS and clear my mental pantry.

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when a queen comes to the rescue. This is my favorite one, as you know. I would love to have a chat with her to get rid of some rusty blunt swords in my closet. I wish you happy clearing and cleaning of your pantry.Do you use journaling for these kind of things or some other tools?
    Ps I've seen snowdrops for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who keeps telling me I'm such a "visual person," and now I'm wondering if doing some sort of collage would be more helpful than the journaling.
      If you're seeing snowdrops then spring can't be too far away! :)

      Delete
    2. Sometimes it can work wonders to try something new. I would definitely give it a go. According to the drwawings I've so far and to your interpretations of your cards I can only agree with you friend

      Delete