I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Help and Hindrances

The deck I'll be using this week is the World Spirit Tarot, created by Lauren O'Leary and Jessica Godino and published by Llewellyn. Today's card is the Three of Pentacles:
An artist shows her work to a man who considers which design he prefers. Will he use it to create a pattern on fabric, an ad or as a part of a mural? I am reminded of how many people things filter through before they actually become a product to buy. A farmer buys seed and harvests the crop and then sells it to grocers (or canning companies), who then sell it to us. The Pictish Oracle I created (sidebar above) was drawn and researched by me, but I had neither the tools nor the know-how to burn the designs into pieces of wood. I had to ask and rely on Alaska Laser Maid (Deborah) on Etsy for her expertise in that area. Sometimes my brain bubbles with creative ideas, but I squash them because I think I have no resources or skills to complete the finished product. The Three of Pentacles reminds me to reach out and connect to others who may be able to give me the help I need.

The oracle I'll be using this week is the Mystic Glyphs, created by Barb Rogers and published by Red Wheel. Today's draw is "Bear:"
I've actually had people tell me that if something didn't flow smoothly, it was probably a sign I shouldn't do it. Now I get there are times when every door is closed (and there's not an open window in sight) and my options run out. But if I give up because I run into bumps and obstacles along the way without first looking for another route, I'll never accomplish anything. Bear encourages me to draw on my inner strength and not throw up my hands in despair when challenges come my way. Slow, steady persistence can overcome a lot of snags if I keep moving toward the goal.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful aspect of animals is: they don't think, they just know. So they life their daily life strong and confident, without worrying if something will work out or not.
    So besides the strength, I wish you the inner knowledge/intuition of the bear to do what is right for you now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - animals live in the moment and don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. They just do what's in front of them now!

      Delete