I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 14, 2014

Coming to Terms

From the Prairie Tarot, Judgment:
Unlike in the RWS and other similar decks, the only thing rising up out of the ground in this picture are weeds and tombstones. The angel holds her hand out as if giving a blessing, but she doesn't blow her trumpet. Are these people not yet ready for their "aha" moment, for their spiritual awakening? This angel is asking for something I've buried (and tried to ignore) to be dug up, washed off, and looked at with an objective eye. If I can come to terms with it - instead of keeping it wrapped and hidden in shame - then I can give it a proper burial while I am reborn.

From the Medicine Cards today comes "Moose:"
 As the largest member of the deer family who is known for his bugling call, Moose is associated with the medicine of self-esteem. I don't think the Judgment card truly clicked until I drew this one. I'm meeting a long-time friend today that I haven't seen in several months, but I've had a feeling of unease about it. It just dawned on me that I have a tendency to hold up a  yardstick between us, and in my eyes I fall far short. She is adventurous, kind-hearted and beautiful with an illustrious job history and children who are independent and successful. She's always traveling and involved in numerous, exciting activities. But with Moose I have to ask myself, "Surely there is a legitimate reason I have been a part of her circle of friends for all these years."

2 comments:

  1. I think I could use some Moose medicine too. This was for me the reason not to go on Facebook and be bombarded by the success stories of everybody else.
    My personal graveyard has been neglected to long but it is fear which prevents me from digging things up. Perhaps if I should first work on my self esteem before I get dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook is not for the light-hearted (or humble), that's for sure. I wouldn't think of "measuring up" a friend so I could be "better than," so it makes no sense to do it to myself. A bit of an eye opener...

      Delete