I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 17, 2014

Harnessing the Herd

From the Ferret Tarot, the Chariot:
I was out with a friend the other day when a man came by walking his cat on a harness. Instead of just staying on the sidewalk, the cat ran hither and thither and jumped on every table or chair or he came across. His curiosity was too great to be contained; I doubt he could be trained to walk like a dog. I've tried these harnesses on my cats, thinking they might like the outdoors. The tomcat immediately ran to the front door and scratched to get back inside. The older female fell over on her side like a stack of books without a bookend and refused to get up. When I see these ferrets, I think of the quip: "I don't know where I'm going, but I'm making damn good time!" The Chariot reminds me that I need an objective to move toward and the discipline to manage my moods and five senses. Otherwise, I might as well get out that harness again and try to walk my felines.

From the Nature's Wisdom deck comes "Sea Turtle:"
Lighthipe states in her companion book that sea turtles travel about 10,000 miles each year, as they move from feeding grounds to nesting areas. No wonder she associates them with endurance with that kind of mileage. Added to the tarot card above, I am encouraged not to give up when I stray off course. There will always be external and internal challenges; my best bet is to tread water when necessary then paddle when the way is clear.

4 comments:

  1. My husband used to have cat which could walk on a leash. And also drive with him in his car. He even could let hem walk free when he would stop near a meadow or something like that. The cat played and walked around there and when my husband wanted to return home he just had to whistle and his cat came back to the car :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He must have started training him when the he was just a kitten. :) I think I'm out of luck since mine was originally a feral.

      Delete
    2. He did but he told me it was rascal too. It is always a gamble what kind of personality a cat will have later on

      Delete
    3. "Training a cat"should be an oxymoron. :D

      Delete