I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Shift into Neutral

From the Ellis Deck, the Four of Swords:
After many battles and deaths (including the king), the queen has told this knight there will be no more blood shed. What does a warrior do when he's told that his services are no longer needed? What will he do with himself now? He chooses not to process all this information at once, and instead decides to "just sleep on it." This is a new choice for him; he's used to responding to a crisis or a emergency instantaneously. A time of rest and recovery will allow old beliefs to fade, leaving a space for new ideas. His control setting has changed from "active" to "receptive," a move that will be much more beneficial than those bloody swords.

From the Oracle of Shadows and Light, the "Eclipse Mermaid:"
The message of this card (a powerful energy shift) makes me think of shifting into high gear, not shutting my engine off. But the booklet describes this mermaid as calm, still and observant. That sounds like meditation to me. So perhaps this message isn't far off from the Four of Swords as I first thought, since they both encourage stillness and detachment.

3 comments:

  1. I could use some four of swords energy. M is keeping me busy. She needs a lot of attention to distract her from worrying. This afternoon we go trouser shopping.Not my favorite pastime but any way perhaps I can find a new pair of trouser for myself too. :)
    How do you like this oracle? personally I like working with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lots of people who can't stand the big heads and big eyes (lol), but it works so well with tarot I can't help but to like it! There are times when I feel like the art is geared more to a younger crowd, but the messages have been spot on. :)
      I hope you find something unexpected and nice on your shopping trip!

      Delete
  2. At first I thought they look like Bratz dolls.:D But now I like working with it and yes it does combine well with tarot. It gives the reading a kind of direction I guess; a second layer to think about
    I hope so too :)

    ReplyDelete