I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Everyone Loses

From the Gill Tarot, the Five of Swords:
I should know better than to go into a discussion with someone with expectations set in stone. It happened last night, and things did not go well. That feeling of calm centeredness I've been carrying around has been sliced out and replaced by fear. Had I not made assumptions beforehand, I don't think I would feel like I'm walking barefoot over broken glass now. Gill explains the sword pointing upward is the choice made when we lose the whole punishment or reward approach. It is a decision made on what's best for everyone, with no manipulation or force involved. Otherwise you wind up with this card - everyone loses.

From the oracle deck The Circle comes "Appearances:"
While some of the lessons a Southern woman grows up with are good ones (hospitality, friendliness), others come at a great cost. Keeping up appearances has to be at the top of that list. If someone asks how you are, you tell them "fine" even if you're crumbling inside. No matter what, keep a smile glued on your face and pretend that all is well. Screw it. That's part of what caused all this mess to begin with. I think I'm way past due for an honest, heart-to-heart conversation today.




5 comments:

  1. I do hope you can clear the air with this other person. Tt can be so energy draining to have to carry this around. I would be thinking of a lot of different scenarios and never knowing which one is best. The wisest thing is just go for it and be honest how this has affected you. No matter how it turns out. You have done the best you could do
    I will be thinking of you
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement (((Ellen))). This involves a third person (I'm sure you'll know who) that I feel is being pressured to be "normal" without regard to stuff she is dealing with. I don't think it is intentional, but I do think there is some unconscious "keep up appearances" underneath it all.

      Delete
    2. I think this third party is so lucky to have you as protecting and defending champion (((Sycamore)))
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. So often, an honest conversation is almost miraculous in its effects. Too many times I've worried myself sick about something, and just talking openly solved everything. I shall keep my fingers crossed this is the case for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I did have an honest, very emotional discussion. It was well received and I think there was a better understanding of the whole situation by the end of it. :)

      Delete