I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Lots of Bees Make Up a Hive

This week I'll be using the Da Vinci Enigma deck and book set, created by Caitlin Matthews and published by St. Martin's Press. Today's draw is the Ten of Earth:
What have you inherited? How are you enriched?
This sketch is of a basilica's ground plan and elevation. Da Vinci writes, "For stability, the depths of the foundations in... temples and other public buildings should be in proportion to the weight that will rest upon them." My body was created by two people, carried for nine months by one, and nurtured until adulthood by many. The ingredients for the chicken and rice soup I had last night was provided by farmers, created through a recipe by a chef and canned by a company to sell. Literally everything I am and have has been developed with the help of others. I live a simple life, but it is one made full, rich and stable because of the shoulders I've leaned upon.

The mini oracle deck I'll be using this week is the Insectorum Divinorum, created and self-published by Esmeralda Rupp-Spangle. This morning's card is the "Hive:"
Without the cooperation between the queen bee, her drones and her workers, the hive would fail to thrive. There is a general sense of working for the greater good, of pulling together to make a sturdy foundation that all can enjoy. I experienced this last night at the meditation group. We had two people who caused quite a disturbance right before we got started; though they left, the group could have easily dissolved into a gossip fest. Instead, everyone remembered why we were there and encouraged me to get things started. We ended up having a great session, and afterward several people told me how much meditation has been helping them on a daily basis. I've only got two more classes left to do, but I think the foundation has been laid, and with this group's dedication, it should continue to thrive.



2 comments:

  1. How beautiful you connected these two cards. As you know I am a very private person So it is good to be reminded of all the treads which are connecting us to everybody else. The fact that I am sitting here commenting on your post has been made possible by so many people. When I realize this idea is applicable on almost everything else it is almost overwhelming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an astounding idea to contemplate, as you said it touches just about everything you could think of! But I very glad for that internet connection to others. :)

      Delete