I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 26, 2014

Use What You've Got

From the Anna K. Tarot, Temperance:
In Klaffinger's version of Temperance, there is no blending of liquids only a strong nod to balance. The woman's bowls of water are equally filled, and there is no hint of the three "Es" here: excess, exaggeration, or extremes. Can you imagine what her load would be like if she had a full 5 gallon bucket on one end and a thimbleful of water on the other? She would be struggling to make it up those steps, and it is likely both would tip over and lose their contents. So what is the alternative? The three "Ss:" simplicity, straightforwardness, and self-discipline.

From the Green Man Tree Oracle comes "Oak - Duir (Dair):"
Anyone who's ever done any building or woodworking can attest to the keywords most often associated with this tree - strength and endurance. Though we all tend to emphasize our weaknesses, I think everyone has areas where they shine. The Oak implies that my strengths (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually) are how I can help keep things in balance. It suggests I use what I've got to do what I'm good at doing.



5 comments:

  1. First of all, I LOVE this tarot deck I have the Llewellyn version which suits me just fine. When I imagine myself walking with this pole and the two water containers I think it would calm me down right away: trying to keep the balance, staying focused step by step, moment by moment. Great advise for today
    "Use what you've got" reminds me of the parable of the talents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - focusing on ONE thing seems to help eliminate all the other stuff that is just needless worry and distraction. I really like the Anna K. too; there is just something so earthy about it. :)

      Delete
    2. So true about the Oak! And I'd also add "patience" to the list... Lots and LOTS of patience! Not just because it's a slow growing tree, but because you need heaps of patience when working with this wood. LOL! :)

      Delete
    3. As a craftswoman extraordinaire, you would definitely know!

      Delete