I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Eyes Open, Mouth Closed

From the Jolanda Tarot, the King of Cups; from the Bird Signs deck, the "Raven:"
When I first drew this king, I didn't have my glasses on and thought it was the Chariot. Those cards do have something in common; it takes a lot of self-will to be waist-deep in emotional drama and maintain your composure without getting pulled under. The king's peacock with its tail feathers spread are a not-so-subtle hint to keep my eyes open today, but my mouth closed. I am a bit "crabby" today due to not sleeping well, so I'll avoid sharing my opinion in order to prevent getting drawn into any chaos.
The Raven has been given the keyword "illusion" by the authors, because this bird is well known as a trickster in many mythologies. Raven's black feathers are a clue that I'm walking around in the dark. If I bump into something along the way, I'd best not make assumptions about what it is. I need to wait until I have the facts in hand. 


2 comments:

  1. My dear friend You should take a nap! Or claim the couch with a good book and a cup of coffee. You are obviously not in a upbeat mood. Tomorrow there will be another day to get a grip on chaos and drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nap sounds delightful (when the effects of all that coffee I drank wears off, hehee).

      Delete