I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ripples in the Water

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the Kwan Yin sticks, #54:
Here's a great example of what happens when we become so full of opinions, we don't even recognize common sense when it stares us in the face. In working with the Lojong slogans, I find myself pushing back with what I believe to be true. But what if I were to let go of all those ideas that I worship as truth and allow an open spaciousness? Do I fear the "me" will disappear? The  vesica piscis shape behind the figure in the Ten of Swords indicates a gateway to a new understanding once I willingly stop advocating for my opinions. The verses associated with stick 54 of the Kwan Yin poem are:
Trees and bushes
reflected in the running water.
Their image shifts and changes
creating confusion in the mind.
Often when I don't have all the answers, I am uncomfortable to the point where my ego says, "Just pick one!" Of course this would be like taking one picture frame from a 2 hour film and declaring it to be the whole movie. Patience is needed; the discomfort won't kill me while I wait for the ripples in the water to smooth out.

4 comments:

  1. ":allow an open spaciousness" This sounds similar to a meditative state Perhaps these moment are snippets of how it would be like if we could let go of all our presumptions. I do believe we are still "me" but more flexible and open minded. But who I am to tell the teacher about the beneficial effects of meditation.:D
    (isn't patience one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaching and talking about somethings is much easier than actually doing it, lol. :D
      Presumptions are a good way to phrase it - they are what keep me from entering that gateway.

      Delete
    2. I must say that gateway does look rather scary. like entering No-thingness.

      Delete
    3. I think the unknown is always a bit scary. :)

      Delete