I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 26, 2014

I Might Need a Shave...

This week I'll be using the Osho Zen Tarot, a deck and book set created by Deva Padma and published by St. Martins Press. I'll also be using the A'HA Oracle, created and self-published by Linnie Lambrechtsen. Linnie gave this deck to me as a part of her "pay it forward" philosophy, and it will always remind me of what loving-kindness in action looks like. Today's draws are the Three of Water (Cups) and the "Heart Urchin:"
These ladies are like a champagne bottle that's been uncorked. Their ebullience and joy can no longer be contained as they dance and laugh. The rain has no effect on their celebration; they splash in the puddles, unconcerned about their hair-dos and dresses. "Come join the party!" they shout at me. "You don't have to wait until everything in your life is perfect - revel in what is here in this present moment!"
Heart urchins are covered in flowing spines when they are alive and look much like hairy potatoes. The spines fall away when they die, leaving behind a fragile skeleton with a petal design. I am reminded by this unusual creature that there are appropriate people with whom I can shed the shield that covers and protects my heart. And when I do, I will be free to share a jubilant life without suffocating boundaries.



4 comments:

  1. Did you know there was a long interview with Deva Padma at AT? Did you know the ladies who did the Songs for the Journey Home were also part of that ashram. They grew brains and left before the ashram was shambled from the inside out, but the good parts of communal life shows in the decks these women have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the Osho Zen many years ago, but got rid of it because of the man and what he represented. "Guru" literally means from darkness to light, but in his life, Osho went from light to the depths of darkness (taking many with him). Yet the artwork of Deva Padma is beautiful and meaningful; at this point in my life I can use her cards by separating "the darkness" from what is good. I didn't know the JH ladies were a part of the ashram too. I'm glad something good came out of all the mess.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm loving the A'HA Oracle, though I'm trying to limit my oracle purchases at the moment. Love the idea of being with people with whom you can shed your cares :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time for me to use the A'HA, and it has been a pleasure!

      Delete