I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 11, 2014

Positive Potential

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Ace of Swords; from the I Ching Pack, "Lake over Wood:"
Lately whenever I draw an Ace, I suddenly hear the Black Eyed Peas singing I Got a Feeling in my head. I suppose it has to do with the positive potential available in these cards, and all I have to do is use it. So what opportunities are available in the Ace of Swords?
~ Clear communication with no manipulative BS.
~ The simplicity of truth with all blame and excuses cut away.
~ Objective justice with no favorites and the ability to see all sides of the situation.
~ Ideas and solutions that can be used in concrete ways.
The Lake over Wood card presents the image of a lake overflowing its dam, and one of the book's keywords for it is "mounting pressure." The water element makes me think this refers to an impending emotional flood that is going to swallow up whatever is in its way. Hopefully I'll have the common sense (Ace of Swords) to climb to a high ledge and wait for the waters to recede. When that much water is coming, the best thing to do is get out of its path.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had seen these cards one day earlier. I've had a huge fight with M last night. I am grateful everything okay now but it got very emotional. So the ace of Swords is a good symbol to keep in mind for the coming the weekend.
    Thank you so much for this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to be objective and not get caught up in the emotional waves when it comes to family. We are too well versed in how to push each others buttons! Hugs to both of you.

      Delete
  2. I just love the way you mix and match - from traditional meanings to visual cues, as intuition guides you :) Good luck with cutting through the tsunami with your Ace of Swords!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. :) I might have to stick that sword in the ground and climb on top of the hilt to keep from getting swamped!

      Delete