I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Quest for Inner Wisdom

From the Victorian Fairy Tarot, the Hermit; from the Haindl Rune Oracle, "Rit/Raido:"
I spent the majority of yesterday visiting and speaking with various people until late in the evening. So I wasn't too surprised to see the Hermit show up this morning - I need to recharge my batteries by being alone today. This particular Hermit is found studying inside a tree house library. I would feel just as comfortable there as Br'er Rabbit in the brier patch. There is a lot to be said for solitude when it comes to getting inner and outer work done, and I have plenty to do of both.
Raido is almost always translated as "riding" or "traveling," and as such it is an interesting rune to draw with the Hermit. But the journey it implies may be a spiritual one rather than physical. Perhaps my quest will be for wisdom of the spirit.
ETA: Raido actually did mean "traveling," as I spent over three hours ferrying my cats back and forth to the vet for their yearly check-ups and shots. I had forgotten until I saw the card posted on the refrigerator as a reminder. I did, however, spend the rest of the day in Hermit mode!

2 comments:

  1. I guess int that way Raido is similar to the Six of Swords. I do hope this day will give you some time for yourself. Sometimes days like this tend to be claimed bit by bit by unexpected situations and no time is left for the necessary solitude. At least that what happens often to me
    Dutch rit = short trip and of course we have rijden = to ride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dutch interpretations make me think of a shamanic journey. :)
      I'm hoping that I'll still have some time alone in my "tree house" even if the unexpected comes along!

      Delete