I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 7, 2014

Wait for Better Weather

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Four of Pentacles; from the I Ching Pack, "Thunder over Lake:"
For me, those four coins represent my time, energy, health and finances. But this is a card that can represent either of two ends of a spectrum. I may need to be less stingy and more open with what I have, or I need to be more discerning and conservative about how I use what I have. The I Ching card I drew helped me figure out which intention I need to focus on. Thunder over Lake creates a mental picture of me heading out with a rod and tackle box to go fishing. Just as I'm about to cast my line, I hear the sound of deep, rolling thunder. Now I have enough common sense to know that the last place I want to be in a thunderstorm is standing next to a body of water with a long piece of metal in my hand. So I pack up quickly, deciding to wait for better weather. Likewise, it would be better to hold off on any big plans for today that might involve my time, energy, health or finances.

4 comments:

  1. "Likewise, it would be better to hold off on any big plans for today that might involve my time, energy, health or finances." You could have predicted my fortune with this post.
    I am going to cling on to whatever energy I have left and hope for better times. Wishing you a sensible judgment of where to spend your's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless there's a big emergency of some kind, I don't expect to be expending too much of anything! :D

      Delete
  2. Love your fishing description, that makes wonderful sense of the Chinese description :) Hope no storms come to trouble you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. :) I plan on laying low until things blow over and the sun comes out!

      Delete