I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Maximizing Assets

From the Rosetta Tarot, the Nine of Disks; from the Ascension to Paradise, the "Skua:"
Meleen uses an abacus to illustrate this card; the green beads moved to one side suggest the tally is a favorable one. There is a sense of counting my physical blessings here, the good fortune of health, financial stability, and time and energy to spend on what brings me joy. Yes there are bumps in the road, but life is good.
I had to laugh when I drew the Skua card. Here I was feeling all positive and happy, and I then I get splatted with bird poo. The Skua is a large gull-like bird in the polar regions known for attacking other birds. They do so to get the other bird to dislodge its food, so they can steal it. The bird's message is an attempt to dislodge an issue I need to deal with, mainly my health. I was just talking to a friend the other night about how shocking it is to find that as I get older, my strength and energy quickly decrease while my weight increases. Maintenance didn't require so much work when I was younger. At this point in my life I find myself wanting to concentrate on spiritual development, but the Skua reminds me I can't exclude taking care of my body. While my eating habits aren't bad, I don't always make time for exercise. Yes, life is good, but if I want it to keep enjoying it, I need to start making use of my weights, rebounder and yoga mat that are gathering dust.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy you've been reading my journals! Lol. Exercise has always been my challenge in keeping healthy and my weight down. I have a very sore back right now which is giving me grief, and I know it is directly related to my lack of exercise. It's been either all or nothing extremes in my case, as I'm sure you understand, and so I strive for balance in more ways than one.
    The physical self ties in the spiritual and mental. I don't want to feel like my body is something I drag around! This is something my childhood friend said to me many years ago, describing the way she felt about her body. I never forgot it, because I never wanted to feel this way. As I used to say to the kids I worked with 'martin up Martin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past years I've at least come up with things I enjoy doing, but the problem is doing them consistently! I think your friend's phrase "my body is something I drag around" is going to stick with me and be a good motivator though!

      Delete
  2. Well again I will join the club. I too am "forgetting"t o exercise regularly. A few days ago I've hurt my back very badly and I was so eager to walk and ride my bike and it felt so good. Now my back is much better and I "forget" again what was so beneficial for me.
    This "forgetfulness" has nothing to do with getting older though :D
    We should begin a online health club LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we definitely need a support group; instead of the usual AA, we'll be Armchairs Anonymous. :D I too forget (until it is bedtime); I've got to make it a priority instead of putting it on the back burner until everything else gets done.

      Delete