I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mona Lisa Smile

From the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot, Fortitude (Strength); from the Pages of Shustah deck, the "Angel of Summer:"
Something about this woman's actions felt very familiar. Then I remembered prying open my tomcat's mouth earlier this morning so I could give him his daily dose of antibiotic. The tarot does have a sense of humor. The booklet that comes with the Sheridan-Douglas describes this card as: "Instinctive drives directed toward positive ends." I rather like the idea of using the energy of frustration for a creative outlet or a beneficial purpose. The blue of her outfit represents the calm composure she feels when her energy is directed in this way; the white trim emphasizes her pure motives.
The Angel of Summer represents a time when there is a high level of activity - much like the summer harvest in farming communities. It can be exhausting and demanding to keep up with the amount of exertion required for success (which this angel assures me is coming). This is not the time to become bitter or throw up my hands and complain about how life isn't fair. Life is tough for everyone. Those who can keep a Mona Lisa smile on their face know how to sustain their stamina for a favorable result.

4 comments:

  1. Well this is a fitting post for me too! Keep smiling even thought we are dead tired :D
    I am hope the antibiotics are doing their work and your tomcat will fully recover
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. I bet that new puppy is wearing you out with all his nonstop energy! :)

      Delete
  2. Good post for me today!

    Mona Lisa hmmm not sure if she was smiling but I try to keep smiling on the inside if not the outside. Being contented and to grow happy with wherever I'm planted helps a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having an inner resource to rely on in tough times helps. :)

      Delete