I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Seeing and Hearing Clearly

This week I'll be using the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot, created by David Sheridan and Alfred Douglas and published by Sheridan Douglas Press. The oracle deck I'll be using is Pages of Shustah, created by Ann Manser and Cecil North and published by Shustah Inc. Today's draws are the Sun and the "Strange Page:"
 
Under the bright rays of the sun, twins dance in a protected garden area. The sun can represent a variety of things - clarity, warmth, energy, success, vitality - and is generally a positive card. But my morning did not start off that way. I made an emergency trip to the vet with my tomcat this morning, who was burning up with fever. The doctor gave him fluids and an antibiotic, but had no answers about what the problem might be. I'll meet him early tomorrow morning and then again on Monday for another round of fluids and antibiotics. The twins on the Sun card represent Gemini, a sign known for intellect and the ability to think clearly. I'm hoping I can stay out of the "what ifs" and just deal with the "now;" no need to cover that bright sky with clouds without solid evidence.
The Strange Page represents hearing a message or an inner nudge. But hearing is impossible if I've got too much internal chatter going on. To pay attention is going to require some stillness and quiet on my part.

8 comments:

  1. My dear Bev, I am so sorry to hear this. "What if's" are nasty and whining little devils but oh so understandable in this situation. I do hope it's not that bad; nothing an antibiotic can't cure. Keeping you and your cat in my thoughts and wishing you both well my friend
    Hugs
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend. As soon as it's light out I'll be making another trip to the vet (though they're closed today, the doc will be there to check on the boarded animals). The good news is that his fever - which was almost 105F - seems to be down and he is eating some again. :)

      Delete
    2. I will. Of course some cute puppy photos might help me feel better. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm glad to hear you puss cat is improving. I certainly identify with the twins being a Gemini myself. I strive for clarity of thought but oh my thoughts have been all muddled up in the past, and I can still experience the same. I listen to that inner nudge now and get myself back on track if I listen to that "The Strange Page". I love that card!

    I'm sure your puss cat will be back to his old puss personality soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. :) I think sometimes I have the clarity, but I don't like what I see or hear and pretend otherwise. Of course this doesn't help in the long run, so this is the kind of behavior I'm trying to change!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Fever is down and appetite is back thank goodness; I imagine it will take a few days longer for him to get his strength back. Thanks Kerry!

      Delete