I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 13, 2014

No Twerk Zone

From the Albano-Waite, the Two of Pentacles; from the Rumi Cards, "become nothing:"
       Every time I see the RWS Two of Pentacles I think of belts and pulleys used to power machines and engines. Anyone who's had to deal with a screeching fan belt knows the importance of having the belt snug instead of loose. Likewise, it's good for me to have challenges and projects to keep me from becoming bored; it's just enough stress to keep me motivated. But too much tension will make that belt break, so I don't need more than I can handle either. The fellow's red outfit suggests health and vitality could be an issue. His yellow shoes imply a mindful rather than manic approach to activities. That's obviously a little shuffle dance he's doing, not all-out twerking.
       The "become nothing" card doesn't mean I should become a doormat or totally ignore my needs. Rumi speaks here of detachment and letting go of expectations. Looking at the big waves on the Two of Pents, the image suggests emotional drama may throw me off my dance rhythm if I let it. Rumi's advice can keep me in motion, doing what needs to be done without getting tangled up in chaos that will be of benefit to no one. Slow and steady will keep things turning and accomplish much.

7 comments:

  1. Slow and steady wins the race :D
    I wish it was as easy as it seems. But too often I jump right in to the drama waves when I see them. Perhaps that is why this guy has turned his back to the sea? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now that's a good observation! I'm sure he is aware of the waves, but he realizes his focus needs to be on other things. :)

      Delete
  2. Expectations...bit of a curse, that. Rob found a hundred dollar bill on the floor at the check out station while on vacation. He knew it wasn't his because he doesn't fold his paper money and this was accordion folded. He didn't even think it over he just handed it to the cashier and said I hope whoever lost this thinks to come back here and ask if it was found. I doubt he has thought of it since, but I want to call the shop and ask :) Expectations...gotta work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Rob is an amazing man. I probably would have already thought of fifty ways to spend it before even picking it up off the floor!

      Delete
  3. Funny, I never think of pulleys and belts when I see this card :) Too much Rachel Pollack in my formative tarot times, I think. For me, it's the flows and cycles of life, which carry on regardless of the waves that may rock us in the moment…
    As for that Rumi card, bit scary with the tiger biting the cow. I guess if you're attached to your bell, you will call predators...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I spent too much time as a child taking apart stuff to see how it works, lol. The "predator/prey" cards in the Rumi deck are what they call "warning" cards. I suppose they are a poke that says "if you don't want life to bite you in the bum, pay attention!" :)

      Delete