I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Slightly Off-kilter

This week I'll be using Le Veritable Tarot de Marseille (The True Tarot of Marseilles) restored and reconstructed Kris Hadar and published by Mortagne. Lee Bursten's The Marseille Tarot Companion will be a resource for reading this deck. The oracle I'll be using is one I created myself called the Greek Alphabet Runes. AlaskaLaserMaid on Etsy burned the designs on cedar tiles for me. Today's draws are the Seven of Coins and "Sigma:"
       In his booklet, Burstens assigns "obtaining" to the Coins suit and "going deeper" to the number seven. This combined meaning made me think of the TV show The Voice that I've been watching lately. There are some contestants who have perfect pitch, rhythm and the vocal power to belt out the songs. But as I watch them on stage, they seem to lack something - passion. The coaches constantly tell the contestants they need to feel and relate to what they are singing about, otherwise the audience won't feel a connection to them or the song. The plant on this card looks healthy enough, but there are no blooms or fruits. Like the contestants and the plant, this card tells me I'm on the right track. But I still need to dig deeper and keep working to enhance and tweak my talents.
       Sigma when used as a symbol in mathematics specifies a summation operator. It signifies that the values to the right of it should be added together. Again there is a message of attending to the "whole package" rather than just looking at a few perfect details. It would be like a groom attending his wedding in a tux while wearing flip-flops. I need to step back and see what's off-kilter and correct it.

7 comments:

  1. tux and flip flops, love it. Here people are incredibly casual about their dress, weddings funerals whatever, it doesn't matter. We were in Utah last Sunday and I will give them credit for dressing up for church, to me it is a matter of self respect also. Maybe even more importantly than the occasion. You need to make another image and link for your Greek oracle in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more of a casual person too, though I agree there are times when I need to be more respectful in certain places or situations.

      Delete
  2. ahh, you set is unique! Not for sale, right? She has added a lot of nice things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah (AlaskaLaserMaid) could make you one. I sent her my lwb of meanings in case anyone wanted a set. I wasn't looking to make money on them, so while they are my intellectual property, I've given her the right to sell them if she'd like. I have another project I'm involved in now (see top of side bar). :D

      Delete
  3. I agree with Sharyn. about the link.
    Digging deeper, noticing the smallest details. can be good but somehow I feel you are on the right track anyway. Losing yourself in tweaking and adjusting in order to correct minor flaws can sometimes become a sidetrack too
    I do hope things are getting better with you
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My problem is that sometimes I get too caught up in a few details and miss the big picture. I think this reading points out that the details I'm focusing on should reflect on the whole instead of just a tiny part of it. :)
      Things haven't changed, but I am better! Thank you for checking in with me. :)

      Delete