I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Just a Shadow

From both the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy and the Lenormand de Marseille, I get a double dose of the Moon:
       In his booklet, Lee Bursten writes of the progression of the cards from the Star, to the Moon, then the Sun. With the Star, we are in a confused and exhausted state, but we find hope and guidance. But before we find our joy and vitality again (Sun), we must pass through the Moon. Here there is something hidden in the unconscious with a deep emotional weight that must be brought into consciousness. Fear might try to push it back under the water, but only by taking an objective look will I begin to find clarity. The Lenormand Moon is slightly different than the one found in tarot. One possible meaning for it is a romantic fantasy. Tied with the Eight of Cups on the card, I see that I must keep moving and searching if I want to find the truth. What appears now is only a shadow of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment