I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Separate but not Equal

This week I'll be using the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy, originally made for the publishing house of Ferdinando Gumppenberg in 1810 but now published by Lo Scarabeo. Lee Bursten's Marseille Tarot Companion will be my guide booklet. I'll also be using the Lenormand de Marseilles, created and self-published by Edmund Zebrowski. (As a side note, I will be reading this as an oracle rather than traditionally.) Today's draws are the Nine of Swords and "House:"
       Bursten assigns the Swords suit to the keyword "defending" and the number Nine to the phrase "you deserve it." Looking at the lone sword in between the other two groups, it does seem to be protecting one side from another. The "deserve" part is an encouragement to look at my thoughts and beliefs honestly and objectively. What is real and worth my concern, and what is pure speculation with no evidence to back it up? It appears that half those worries can be discarded.
       The House card represents family, home and safety. Ah, here's the root of my anxious ruminations. Life has been full of challenges lately in this regard, but those swords warn me to keep fact separated from fantasy. If I'm going to protect what I hold dear, I need to know the right place to focus my energy.

2 comments:

  1. Finding discernment and figuring out fact from fantasy is always a big focus for me but if I put first things first, things have a way of working out.
    Family, home and safety are all important areas of life to focus on. It's all about figuring out the balance for me and that's where discernment comes in, otherwise I'm drivin' backwards with headlights on the tail lights, and the tail lights where the headlights should be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - sift the wheat from the chaff then start making bread! :)

      Delete