I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Spark or Fuel?

From the Llewellyn Tarot, the Knight of Wands; from the Beasts of Albion, the "Cow:"
          These two card draws seem very opposite to me; the characters in them are even facing opposite directions (except the calf). The Knight of Wands is full of stimulating conversation, innovative ideas and fiery enthusiasm. But he's not always your best bet to manifest those concepts into concrete designs; he's more like the match that lights the fire. The Cow, however, is the nurturer and sustainer. Creating and raising what the Knight inspired will be up to her. At times I have been in the Knight's saddle, poking others with my wand of inspiration. Yet I have friends who have fired me up about a creative project then encouraged me to run with it. I'm not sure if I'll need a saddle or a milking stool today.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the cow seems more suited to the Knight of Pentacles, or better yet the Queen. Still, sometimes we need a poke just to get us out to the milking shed in the early morning ;)

    ReplyDelete