I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Bird in the Hand

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Two of Wands; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, "Clouds:"
 
Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble,
An' if I stay it will be double.
~ The Clash
          When I drew Gabi's Two of Wands this morning, the Clash song above started playing in my head. In one hand is a nice bouquet of pine cones, and in the other is the world served up as if on a silver platter. Here is the dilemma of staying in my comfort zone and being content with what I have, versus the desire to break from routine and go for what is exciting. Does my ambition have enough fuel to make a commitment and stick things out for the long haul? Or am I just bored and looking for relief (and really only interested in a short-term fix)?
          Clouds, especially colorful ones, are a bit worrisome. The pink and red ones make me think of the saying "red sky at morning, sailors take warning." The blue/purple clouds remind me of thunderstorms, and the green shade is the color of the sky before a tornado. In Lenormand, this card typically means confusion, uncertainty or changeable conditions. In previous situations, I have allowed myself to be caught up in the enthusiasm and eagerness of others over a project. The problem was that they intended for me to carry the ball and head toward the goal line. They had no intention of obligating themselves in any way. I have a feeling I need to wait, do some research and check my own motives before jumping into anything.

2 comments:

  1. We both have to be more careful before we jump :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so tired today, I think I'll just wait until they build a bridge, heehee.

      Delete