I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 2, 2015

Diagnosing the Heart

From the Gaian Tarot, Justice; from the Goddess Oracle, "Changing Woman:"
The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
          Like the endangered plants and animals behind him, Justice plainly states my life is off-kilter in some way. My first reaction would be that this is because I've been sedentary of late, as I allow my back to mend. But seeing him with a heart in one hand and a feather in the other, it definitely feels like more of a spiritual message. I've obviously made choices in the past that make my heart feel as if I've tied a net of stones around it. And carrying that heavy burden is hurting rather than healing me.
          Changing Woman represents seasons and cycles, and she immediately makes me think of people I haven't seen in a long while that I suddenly run into again - especially people who've hurt me in some way. I probably think I've forgiven them, as I let them go their way while I go mine. Yet when I see them, it's as if the wound is fresh all over again. Shutting them out of my heart is not real forgiveness. I've devised a quick test to diagnose myself in such cases: I imagine them losing a job or having their car repossessed, then check to see if I'm smiling inwardly. Ah yes, there it is... that hidden, lingering resentment. But with the appearance of these cards today, it looks as though I will soon have a chance to lighten my heart if I choose to do so.

2 comments:

  1. They say if you lighten your spiritual burden, your physical health will improve accordingly. I couldn't help but think you've hurt you spiritual back also
    Same here when M asks me something with causes me stress my neck is sending pain signals to my arm. This is now almost a stress indicator.: works perfectly.:D As long as I feel relaxed and I sit up straight there is no pain
    I do hope you heart will soon feel as light as a feather!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely believe in a mind-body-spiritual connection. I'm not sure I would go so far as to say one causes another if there is no pre-existing condition, but I do think there is a great influence! :)

      Delete