I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Get Out of that Bathrobe

From the Gaian Tarot, the Ace of Water (Cups); from the Goddess Oracle, "Pele:"
          A group of bright orange alevin start the process of learning to live in their fish bodies, while a fingerling begins a migration towards the ocean. I'm sure the river is a place of dangerous excitement for the newly hatched salmon just as the salt water and immensity of the ocean will be for the larger fish. Yet the Ace of Water/Cups reminds me that as a human, dealing with emotions is part of my adventure. I need to push out into deeper waters and not be content to hide. Not all of it will be scary.
          Pele, the Hawaiian volcano goddess, is an odd pairing with the water card. Yet she is not just about fire but passion. Some of the questions Marashinsky asks in her companion book are:
Have you been sitting still for too long? Have you been lulled into sleep by the evenness in your life? Now is the time to wake up to your potential and power, to move and shake. I think I better get out of my bathrobe and slippers for this...

9 comments:

  1. FlyLady. Every morning she asked "is your sink shining and are you dressed to the shoes?"
    I thought the 2nd was so weird/nonsense/pointless...until I started doing it. Our shoes tell us it is time to go to/get to work...
    Good morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sink is rarely shining, but getting a shower and being dressed IS a way for me to get in gear and move. :) Especially on gray, rainy days like today...

      Delete
  2. I love Flylady! and my shining sink :)
    An apt card for the beginning of January. Personally I do feel a bit like Pele. Eager to start anew. The house is tidied and cleaned and I am looking forward to.... I don't know yet :D
    I hope you can grasp this sparkling enthusiasm of Pele with both hands ( don't burn them :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lost my enthusiasm (about everything it seems), so I need a bit of Pele's energy and passion. I'd prefer not to have the whole volcanic explosion though, lol!

      Delete
    2. I hope you will feel better soon (((Bev)))

      Delete
    3. I'm okay, really. :) Just a bit of blue funk floating around in my head. Thank you though!

      Delete
  3. Ha, the weather this time of year can be such a downer. Still, I hope you can find the passion to swim out a little way, it can be such fun, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll eventually get stir-crazy, which will force me to go out! :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I sometimes end up inventing reasons to leave the house :)

      Delete