I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Horticulture

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Four of Disks; from the Master Tarot, the "Mustard Seed:"
          The man in the business suit represents power on the physical plane. He symbolizes my need for solidity and security in my life, yet he questions whether I am exaggerating or over-thinking my need. What kind of account balance do I show in the areas of money, health, time and energy? If what I have is enough to live a simple life well, then there is no reason for me to be jealous, tight-fisted, or anxious. Yet he would also encourage me to be a good steward of what I have, using my resources mindfully rather than wastefully. Perhaps I have made some "accounting" errors...
          The mustard seed is a parable about a tiny seed that grows into a large tree that offers shelter. In tying this card to the Four of Disks, I am reminded how small actions can grow into a large problem or a vital remedy. Innocent thoughts of "I can splurge this time" can lead to habits and issues later. On the other hand, I need to realize positive steps take time to produce beneficial results. The combination of the holidays (overeating) and a bum back (no exercise) has taken a toll on my health. Although I have become more cautious about what I eat and have added some light workouts to my schedule, I'm not going to get instant results. My health didn't get this way overnight, so change won't happen that fast either. I've got a little sprout that I need to continue to tend with care.

4 comments:

  1. It is the perfect time (Imbolc) to nurture your sprout and I wish it will grow tall and strong. I must confess I have forgotten to sow this (take care of your heath) seed. The weather is awful so my bike is remaining in the shed waiting for the sun to come out and the temperature to rise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Imbolc connection. :) I've dug out some old dvds that have low-impact, beginner workouts on them. They keep me moving when the weather prevents me from walking.

      Delete
    2. There goes my well thought out excuse :)

      Delete