I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ruby Lips and Ivory Pearls

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Queen of Wands; from the Master Tarot, "The Pearl:"
          I can hear the Eagles singing about this queen: Raven hair and ruby lips, sparks fly from her finger tips. There's  no doubt this woman has a sex appeal, but getting a man is not her objective. She uses her allure and charisma to charm people to do what she wants. See that key in her hat/crown? She knows it doesn't matter what gender someone is; if you give them the right kind of attention they'll follow you anywhere. She can ferret out their ego's needs, and she'll use just the right words to captivate them. By the time she's worked her magic, they'll ask "How high?" when she says "Jump."
          The parable of the pearl tells of a merchant who finds a pearl of great worth and sells all his merchandise to purchase it. The lesson behind it is to stop being distracted by what's bright and shiny and look for what has enduring, true value. I can see two possible messages behind these cards. The first is that sensual and magnetic appeal can only last for so long. Looks fade, and eventually words will be questioned. Sincere kindness however, will stand the test of time. The second meaning could be that I need to investigate what has caught my eye and check it's true worth.

4 comments:

  1. `Looks fade`. Well that depends on what you consider beautiful :)
    Maybe not is the eyes of Q10 creme commercials but in my opinion I look better now than 10/15 years ago. Never underestimate the moisturizing effect of life experience and wisdom gained from that
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was referring to the opinion of mass media. :) Personally I like Martina McBride's take on it:
      Every laugh line on your face,
      Made you who you are today.

      Delete
  2. Do you know Bev, I have this Master Tarot, it was one of my dream OOP decks that I finally found at a decent price. I don't remember any of these images!

    Which means I should haul it out I think. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Master Tarot's lwb is full of thought-provoking entries. Definitely go dig it out! :)

      Delete