I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 16, 2015

Sadness and Swirling Skirts

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Five of Cups; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, the "Woman:"
          Gabi did a good job of making this guy look depressed. Whatever has happened, he feels like all joy and hope in his life is gone. Being in the depths of the dark cave of depression can block out any rays of light, including those two cups still standing. Neither can he see the warm, cheerful-looking home that would take him in. Such sorrow creates a sense of isolation, the feeling that no one else could possibly understand such pain. But in the middle of this gloom-fest enters the Lenormand Woman, with her colorful skirt twirling. Because I don't read these cards traditionally (rather just as an oracle), I see her as representing characteristics of the feminine. She symbolizes receptivity and the urge to connect with other people. She would tell this fellow that if he does, he will find there are others who have experienced the deep sadness he feels too. But more importantly, they can offer support and suggestions for ways to get through it.

4 comments:

  1. Somehow I am grateful for the sadness and the pain in my life. It has shaped me into the woman I am today but also I am also able to relate to others in need for care and support!
    And one way or another there will always be a six to follow up this five :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think to find that harmonizing "six," we often need to reach out to another. It makes a difference to know that you're not alone, that there is someone to walk beside you even if things can't be changed.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! Although I have to tendency to try to solve everyone problems. just being there; listening, is often even more appreciated :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah, my daughter has told me before, "Mom, sometimes all I want is someone to LISTEN." :)

      Delete